› Product Care Tips
When you purchase a piece of furniture from Lorts, you're receiving a quality product created with expert craftsmanship. To ensure enjoyment of your furniture for many years to come, we have included some of our recommendations for cleaning and care.
- Care on a daily basis: we recommend cleaning spills, food, or soil with a soft, damp cloth, being sure not to over wet the finish. Dry the surface using a soft dry cloth.
- Do not use any chemicals. Keep solvents, nail polish, and polish removers away from furniture surfaces.
- Lorts recommends the use of coasters, placemats, table cloths, and table pads when eating, drinking, or writing on your furniture.
- Store table leaves close to the table so leaves may adjust to equivalent climate and light.
- Use protection when placing items of hot or cold temperatures on the furniture surface.
- Direct sunlight will cause some natural fading of the original finish over time. Strive to keep your valuable furniture items shielded from daily exposure to direct sunlight.
- Dust with a soft cloth in the direction of the wood grain. Use a good quality furniture polish, per the manufacturers instructions, as needed on medium and high sheen finishes to restore and maintain the luster of the finish. We recommend "Lakeone Spray Shine Furniture Polish".
- To clean any Lorts Leather, please seek professional assistance.